Oct 25, 2007

.:MY LIBRARY:.

Someone suggested that I post my library and allow people to discuss choice of books, make suggestions as to what to read, etc. So, this post is open to comments whenever. The list of books will be updated regulary.



"People say life is the thing, but I prefer reading."

Logan Pearsall Smith

---



1984, George Orwell
A Series of Unfortunate Events, Lemony Snickett
A Streetcar Named Desire, Tennessee Williams
A Thousand Splendid Suns, Khaled Hosseini
At Home in the World, Daniel Pearl
Anna Karenina, Leo Tolstoy
Angels & Demons, Dan Brown
By The River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept, Paulo Coelho
Cry, the Beloved Country, Alan Paton
Fairy Tales, Hans Christian Anderson
Falling Leaves, Adeline Yeng Mah
Fishbowl, Sarah Mylnowski
For One More Day, Mitch Albom
Frankenstein, Mary Shelley
Girls of Riyadh, Raja AlSane
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
I'm Fifteen - and I Don't Want to Die, Christine Arnothy
Invitation to a Beheading, Vladimir Nabokov
Jane Eyre, Charlotte Brontë
Like a Flowing River, Paulo Coelho
Living To Tell The Tale, Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Lolita, Vladimir Nabokov
Man and Boy, Tony Parsons
Madame Bovary, Gustave Flaubert
Middlesex, Jeffrey Eugenides
Monday Mourning, Kathy Reichs
My Name is Red, Orhan Pamuk
No Angel, Penny Vincenzi
One For My Baby, Tony Parsons
One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel Garcia Marquez
One True Thing, Anna Quindlen
Papillion/Banco, Henri Charrière
Persepolis 2, Marjane Satrapi
Persepolis, Marjane Satrapi
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
Pygmalion, George Bernard Shaw
Reading Lolita in Tehran, Azar Nafisi
Sense and Sensibility, Jane Austen
Sheer Abandon, Penny Vincenzi
Somewhere, Home, Nada Awar Jarrar
Sophie's World, Jostein Gaarder
Tales of Mystery and Imagination, Edgar Allen Poe
The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho
The Book Theif, Markus Zusak
The Confession, Olen Steinhauer
The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas
The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown
The Devil and Miss Prym, Paulo Coelho
The End of Alice, A.M. Homes
The Female of The Species, Joyce Carol Oates
The Five People You Meet in Heaven, Mitch Albom
The Giver, Lois Lowry
The Good Earth, Pearl S. Buck
The Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck
The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini
The Rule of Four, Ian Caldwell & Dustin Thomason
The Secret Supper, Javier Sierra
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Ann Brashares
The Swiss Family Robinson, J.D. Wyss
The Virgin Suicides, Jeffrey Eugenides
The Witch of Portobello, Paulo Coelho
To Kill a Mocking Bird, Harper Lee
Under Western Eyes, Joseph Conrad
Veronika Decides to Die, Paulo Coelho
White Oleander, Jane Fitch

17 comments:

isaythedarnestthings said...

Angels and Demons was waaaay to boring, I thought it was so similar to the Da Vinci Code :/
I didn't finish it, I don't think I will

but we have a similar taste in books ;)

Mohammad Al-Yousifi said...

الكتب كثيرة و انصحكم بالرجال من المريخ و النساء من الزهرة

Amethyst said...

noufa
I found it more interesting than The Da Vinci Code although it was less of a page turner:)

kila ma6goog
Yeah, I should get a copy of that. 7adi qadeema on that one;\

Purgatory said...

my current stock contains mostly books by chuck Pallahnick, Hunter Thompson and philip pullman with a few others here and there.

Amethyst said...

ThePurg
Chuck Palahniuk: I watched Fight Club before I found out that it is based on a book.

Hunter Thompson: I feel like he's too American for my taste. I shall attempt and get back to you on him.

Philip Pullman: Never heard of him. Is he English? ;\

Purgatory said...

!!! he wrote the his dark materials, the first is being released as a movie next month!

As for the other two, I enjoy them, they are different.

Amethyst said...

ThePurg
Okay! And he is English! If I get my hands on something, I'll let you know:)

Purgatory said...

I recommend you finish his trilogy before the movie.

Amethyst said...

ThePurg
We shall see how that goes. Knowing that there are books the movie is based on, I will not watch the movie until I finish the trilogy:)

Anonymous said...

interesting choice of books ;P u knw sweety mayb u can sell them online b3d :P LOOOOOL dun kilL me im jk i knw hw much u love them ,,, hehehee .. :O gurl i jst saw u had 729 people tht checked out ur site !!! im so proud ,, awwww...uMwaaaaaahh ;*** n since whn do u hv tht chair in ur room ,, i dun remember it being there ...

Amethyst said...

S
It's the one F was sitting on when she had your phone somewhere.. And NEVER hint that I should sell;p

Aart hilal
Thank you:)

Eluded Euphoria said...

A Series of Unfortunate Events, Lemony Snickett
i read that... people say its childish.. but i love it

Amethyst said...

Brown Sugar
I like it, too. I found it funny, and I love how he played with the language:)

There's nothing wrong with reading a childish book;p

Anonymous said...

So diverse, really interesting choice of books
Sophie's World one of the best books i've read for a while now, try to read other of Gaarder's work, the guy is really good :)
The Valkyries is my favourite Paulo Coelho novel.. really good.
Great, keep up the good work, nothing better than reading!

Amethyst said...

jesterat314
I love Sophie's World! I can read it over and over again!

I haven't read that Coelho one, yet;)

True. Nothing better than reading!

Âme said...

Good collection :)

Saves time in searching because of Alphabetical listing.

~ Soul

Amethyst said...

Soul
Yeah, exactly the point;)