Apr 12, 2008

Pop Art

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @
Explosm.net

---


Aj linked me to this. Watch.







---


When I first started this blog, right after my first post, I promised myself that I would not delete any comments that perhaps might bother me, or posts that might expose me a bit too much after they are posted. It's getting hard. I'm looking back at all the things I've written, and I'm thinking that I really am sentimental. There's nothing wrong with that. I just realized that about myself. I'm overly sensitive and emotional. As soon as I feel something I can write about, I sit, type, and post. I don't think about who might read this and what they might think. I just do it. At times, I think of blocking comments on certain posts, but then, I reconsider because it seems like I'll be taking away your freedom as readers of Poshlust. The reason why I went on a break is that I've been going through a very unpredictable emotional facade. I didn't want to post thoughts that have been altered by emotions. Now, I look back on that, and I think it's silly. This is me. Whether overly sentimental or not, this blog should reflect what I am and what I am going through no matter what. So, this is all there is. Sometimes oppressed feelings come out all wrong. I just hope you guys understand that certain personal things are not easy to post. I admit that at times my lack of anonymity is in the way, but right now, it is mostly the fact that I feel vulnerable. It's new. This is post is a pact from me to myself to remind me that I have promised myself to post regardless of how exposed and fragile the words might make me.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that's what I am trying to say, after a while it won't matter because you are bound to get very personal and it sure does leave traces of the person behind the blog so why keep it secret if you are not writing something that no one should really know!

Way to go girl!

Amethyst said...

Chika
It really doesn't matter anymore. You're absolutely right:)

Coconut said...

iz't that the whole point of blogging? so that you can write down what you thinkin and how you're feeling?
so why hide parts of you.. those emotions (crazy as they might seem at times) are all you, it's what makes you who you are.. so who cares! unleash ur inner butterflies!

Amethyst said...

Ge6awEe
A part of me is also the fact that I do not express everything:)

Inner butterflies: Unleashed!

Anonymous said...

dont express everything

Amethyst said...

Cat
Why not?

Bulletii said...

malich she'3el 7eta lw everybody knows. entay you express yourself kether ma tabeen 'cause you don't care of what they're gonna say. their opinion does not matter anyway etha entay mo 3ajbat-hom. anonymous wela mo anonymous this is amethyst weli mo 3ajbah ye6eg rasah bil 6oufa. i really love all of your posts. min 9iji.

Amethyst said...

Bulletii
Exactly my point:)

Thank you!;D

Big Pearls said...

everyone seems to be posting something about anonymity this week..ok so it is better to feel annonymous..you feel more free but even when our identities are revealed we are still free to say what we want..that's our choice to consider what people reading the post might think.

Grey said...

Before Greyfort i had another name and another blog in which i whined my ass off ! in fact i had forgotten that i had subscribed to Safat ,... after a while when i realized that entire Kuwait had read it i shut the blog ... it was kinda therapy and i felt good... you should try it works

Amethyst said...

Big Pearls
Anonymity isn't a big thing for me as a blogger. Sometimes, I don't post freely because I don't want to hurt the people who I know read this blog. My mother, best friends, and people that matter a lot to me read it. It's not worth it. Maintaining relationships means compromise:)

Grey
Lol! I'm not shutting Poshlust down. It's going to be here forever;p

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

FourMe said...

I feel the same way, sometimes you want to say things but just don't want to seem so vulnerable. At the end of the day its your blog and you're entitled to write what ever the hell you want to write about, sentimental, horrifying, cheesy or whatever it is just write it and let it all out and who cares who reads it!

Bulletii said...

amethyst please abi a3aref J min wain sharaat Chester?? w does she know places they sell pets? i only know soug il 7mam bs.

Amethyst said...

Fourme
Yeah, we'll see how things go:)

Bulletii
J got Chester as a birthday gift, but I'll have her ask around. Tawni dagait 3alaiha ma radat 3alay. I'll get back to you on that asap.

Bulletii said...

thanx ;*

eshda3wa said...

its ur blog
its ur choice

Hussain said...

keep posting, biatch

Jobove - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Catalonia Spain
thank you

Moniker said...

yay! you're back :D
i have so much respect for people that are able to write down what they feel and think regardless of what people's reactions will be. especially when they aren't completely anonymous :|

also, writing is supposed to be therapeutic :p

Anonymous said...

:/

Unknown said...

Well my dear, you make your blog what you want it to be. You can change, remove, add, and re-add, and re-remove whatever you like. No one has a right to judge you on that :)

Amethyst said...

Bulletii
Np:)

She says ena her friend etgoul wayed duwa3ees bs ohwa bel Salmiya bel dakhla eli gabel nadi elykhout.. I'm sorry ma adel;\

Eshda3wa
:)

Hussain
I miss you, but I'm mad at you;\

Moniker
:)

Showers are therapeutic, too;p

Amu
?

N.
Right, but again, what I put here shouldn't be removed:)

F. said...

OMG
the video...!
So cool

Amethyst said...

F.
I know!