Nov 29, 2007

*مَــنْ ذا يــكـافـئُ زهـرةً فـواحـةً ؟

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
---
Yesterday, my uncle suggested I marry a rich Shari3a graduate. Funny? Is his wealth going to make him more acceptable ya3ni or what?! I was too shocked to say anything, so I stared back.
The marriage topic is pissing me off more and more. I'm only 18, people. This is too personal for YOU to come and talk to me about. What makes you think you have the right to point out eligible men or send them over? "Don't you want to make your parents happy?", you say. What makes you think I haven't settled this with my parents? Why are you so into this? It's none of your business! How does it affect you?!
Maybe I don't want to get married through the arranged marriages carnival. Maybe I have my mind set on career. Maybe I'm scared of committment. Maybe I don't want to get married at all. Maybe, maybe, maybe.. How would YOU know? You're not my parents. You're not even my friends. Laish el legafa elzayda? Shtaboun? :@
---
Elegies are not 7aram. Why are people making up stuff 3ala kaifhum? They think it's religious to make up new 7arams and 7alals. That's godlike, and IT'S NOT OKAY. I've never come across anything that says that we shouldn't read elegies. Nothing which says that if we do, we won't smell ree7at eljanna or viciously burn in hell. Why talk when you have no evidence to support your argument? STOP PRETENDING TO BE RELIGIOUSLY PERFECT. There is always room for spiritual advancement. I pity you!
Same note, a girl mentioned that reading The Witch of Portobello will "ydakhel 3alaich shubhat". Excuse me? No, wait! EXCUSE ME?! She hasn't read the story. Imagine that. If her faith isn't strong enough to handle such stories, then she should stay away from them. That doesn't mean other people should ditch them, too. My faith is strong enough not to be shaken by anything I don't want it to be shaken by. It's all in my hands. Why is she so concerned about my faith? If you wish to advise me, don't speak nonsense. Present something solid enough to convince me (or at least enough to convince an idiot) or LEAVE ME ALONE!
Why do I attract such people? ;\
---
T IS COMING IN A FEW WEEKS! :D
*"Kun Balsaman", Elyah Abu Mathi

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm I guess its still to early.. you need to finish your education first n then think about it!

I know how it feels when people come up to you and talk about marriages..its just non of their business :/

Amethyst said...

Speedo
It's not. They should be ashamed. Ashamed, I say!

Anonymous said...

well yes you are still young for that & still gotta graduate so just take it with a smile as I do :)


This "religious" fakeness pisses me off so much I refuse to discuss this issue any more.. IT JUST PISSSSSES ME OFFFFFFF

nQ said...

7alata,aghoo dada, isalim galba, CUUUUTE! 18 you say? AW, I can barely remember the year I was 18. enjoy it while it lasts, be free, fly FLYYYY!!

Amethyst said...

Chikapappi
I know! I can't smile at that. I usually stare back with a deadpan expression;p

Tell me about it;\

NQ
*blushes*

Enjoying and soaring high:)

Anonymous said...

Uhm... dudette.. I'm 23 and I don't think I'm ready for marriage just yet...
kil shay fe hal dinay 3ibara 3an qisma o ni9eeb, nobody has any business poking into other peoples' lives...

Amethyst said...

Swair
I know! Now, go out there and spread the message;p

Anonymous said...

Elegies?

Hmm yeah just 6anshay...
As long as its not your parents who are nagging you Are fine...
Maybe you should just reply in that manner next time... That will keep them quite Ok...

Now I’m intrigued by that book.

Amethyst said...

Blue
I prefer to disprove. My parents are pretty open to any book, thank God!

It's a really good book. It's very different in the way it is presented to the reader. Give it a read:)

nQ said...

po shlust? which sounds like an asian drink.

posh lust? *graAWL*

Poshlu st.? street where you live

haj said...

one word: IGNORE!

Unknown said...

As I understand it, Elegies are a type of poem correct? Well as far as I know it isn't 7aram cause I would consider it she3er, and thats not 7aram.

Next, marriage. Yeah it is none of their business but why do they get on your case? Simple, People are like that.

White Wings said...

hon
don't get too wroked up about both subjects, family always feel the responsibility to marry girls within off, it is also religiously benificial :)
and evilizing (my own word) works of literature is an old inclination...very old...don't let it get to you
be good :)

Amethyst said...

NQ
Check my first post ever:)

Haj
Staring back silently = ignoring

N.
3ala goulat`ha, ma y9eer tegrain shay ythem/yemda7 a7ad metwafi. Blekh!

People are annoying:)

White Wings
They need to back off:( It's so not religiously beneficial ;\

Don't you think that if everyone saw works of literature as a door to a world they will learn to accept with time life would be easier?

That's why it gets to me. Because if they did, their life would be something very different from what they are going through now. Pity.

I am good;)