May 30, 2008

"I'll be you soon enough!"

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net


---


I wasn't going to post the other two parts of "Psyche", but Soul ask for them. So, if you want to read the first part, click here, and here it goes:


"Psyche" II


The Genpet's mind is full of questions and answers. Who is this creature? Is this my master? Why is this strange being hovering over my head? Can it see into my existence? Can it read my thoughts?


My eyelids flutter. The beautiful creature is looking past my eyes. It is losing itself in my existence. Is there a way in which I can change my thoughts to affect hers?


I am perfect. I am beautiful. I am spiritual. What does that mean? I am spiritual? Why have I been conditioned to repeat that word in my head? Spiritual… Does it mean that I have a spirit? Do I have a spirit? What am I? What is the purpose of my existence?


Something within tells me that I am new, that there is a definite number of my kind. This number can increase. However, the result will be unknown. I wince at these thoughts. Am I betraying myself and my kind by thinking these thoughts? Again, can this creature roaming in my world read my thoughts and understand them fully? I gasp. It doesn't really come out as a gasp. It's just meant to be a gasp. A gasp of realization. A moment of epiphany.


I don't know what I am here for. I don’t know what spirituality is, yet I am expected to fulfill that as the time of my existence increases and then… Will I cease to exist? What is there after this confusing existence? What was before it? I glance down at myself. Perhaps, I can make sense of my physical nature.


My physical appearance seems similar to my observer. It does not move even though I am moving. I place my feet one before the other curious at the sound they will make when they hit the floor. The creature's gaze doesn't follow me…


***


And since I like being introduced to new/different music (mostly by J, Sou, Aj, and The Archer), I have to post this video from the CD J made me. I usually prefer male vocals, but this girl passed my test;)


15 comments:

Âme said...

I still wonder about our existence, much similar like how those Gunpets might wonder.

"Perhaps, I could make sense of my physical existence"

Perhaps !

I know no world beyond and no world before... I exist now.

I am just imagining a scenario where we make a world for Gunpets and put them there to wonder about their creators !

Oh! they come in two packages eh!
1 Year and 3 Years !

I still wonder ... !!

~ Soul

Manutdfanatic said...

The Genpet seems tons less eerie now. Well done. =P

Âme said...

Oops they are Genetic Pets right..

Genpets**

Excuse the Gun-Pets (They barged in unnecessarily, much like their parent word)

~ Soul

haj said...

aw I got you to love Maria Mena :D .. wanasa!!! she's got a beautiful voice!

Love you,
J

Amethyst said...

Soul
They're not for real. They're just a guy's thesis. Maybe in the future;)

Again, you need not elaborate on your typos;p

Manutdfanatic
Hehe, exactly my point;p

Haj
Yeah, I love you more;*

Âme said...

Yeah ! i did think they were imaginary :)

~ Soul

Amethyst said...

Soul
Hehe, good!

Manutdfanatic said...

...not real? Here I was, thinking that they were.

Oooh. Bummer, and a bit of relief at the same time. Heh.

asameee said...

Can I steal your writing ability for a day? ;p

Big Pearls said...

you are tagged:)

Amethyst said...

Manutdfanatic
Nope, check the links on the post that had part one;)

Relief, trust me;p

Nyxxie
Now, I know who to blame when I get writer's block;p

Big Pearls
Hehe, alright:)

skittles said...

I first went, wut the hell is she talking abt??!!
but really and extremely amazing! we always try to make sense and analyze everything, stupid human creatures!
but really, well written.

Amethyst said...

Skittles
I hope you read the first part. The third and last part will be posted soon.

Thank you:)

nQ said...

امثست.. انا اليوم ثقافتي عربية..فما قريت يور بوست ): بس عن جد حبيت غنيتك.. حتا لو الكورس مو شي زيادة

Amethyst said...

nQ
سامحتج بس ما أقدر أخلي ثقافتي عربية ولا يوم