May 4, 2008

"Men"




I love my friends. Really. Not because it's that time of the month. I love them for dealing with my crappy identity crisis. I love them for being crazy with me when I feel like it. I love them for listening when I don't really have anything to say. I love them for all the comfortable silences that we don't have to fill even if it's on the phone. Yes, silent phone conversations. Do you mind?! I love them for understanding me without me having to say much or anything even. I love them for being themselves in this strange world. A7ebkum yal zift w 7ada thank you;*


---


My answer to the previous post would be either:



I think, therefore I write.



OR



I think, therefore I cry.



---


I lie in bed. One hand turning my mobile over on its sides. The other hand curling a strand of my hair. And I think. I think, therefore I write.

Strange, isn't it? This world. It's just confusing. And it's confusing me. And it's questioning everything I do, believe, think, or say. Why?! Why everything?!

Why does everything have to be so right and wrong at the same time? Why do my loved ones have to go through heartbreak after heartbreak? Why can't I make people who are down feel better? Why do I cry when it's not me who's going through hardships? Why are the rules of society ridiculously stupid? Why is literature underrated?!

I sigh. I turn over my mobile some more. I let it slide through my fingers. I turn it over some more. Silence. Just my phone against the covers. And in my head. Just my phone against the covers. And then, in my head, it's me breathing. It's me existing. It's not me confusing myself on why the world is the way it is. It's just me.. alive.

I continued this, but the laptop crashed, and it didn't save. So, now.. It's gone.

27 comments:

AnGeL said...

friends are the most amazing thing in the world...especially if u picked the right ones ;) make sure u keep them ;)

and i like this one..try to complete it :D

Anonymous said...

I second Angel, especially those who get to be more patient around "that time of the month"

Life is disgusting now.. one can't tell right from wrong :/

Amethyst said...

Angel
Very true. Will do:)

I did, but it got lost somewhere into the internet world;p

Chika
I know! 7ada;p

I agree. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I am sure they love you too.. oh, here's a pair of shoes I can recognize ;)

Anonymous said...

'Why is literature underrated?!'
The question that answers many other questions

Amethyst said...

OpeRon
Lol;)

jesterat314
How about you elaborate and we turn this into a discussion?;)

Anonymous said...

I don't know, it just sounded like a cool thing to say! (kidding)
Seriously, we do need a discussion about this. Just as soon as you complete this post :)

Amethyst said...

jesterat314
I can't complete this post. Not twice:)

Manutdfanatic said...

Whys; why are there so many of them? Sigh-ness.

I saw Becoming Jane earlier today. It was impossible not to cry.

Manutdfanatic said...

And yes, the time of the month further compounded to the tears.

=/

Oh well...=)!

Amethyst said...

Manutdfanatic
Cuz life's a bitch:)

I know. It's just so sad;(

Kaileena said...

Amethyst,dear..life's a whore! the faster you accept it, the better you'll feel! True story.

Anonymous said...

I like how this post is titled 'Men'. lol

Anonymous said...

I like my friends because they're cool, no need for those other reasons :P~

Unknown said...

allah y5aleekom 7ag ba3ath ^^

Mohammad Al-Yousifi said...

شنو علاقة العنوان بالموضوع؟

FourMe said...

a7la ga3da ga3dat elra9eef especially if its in London in the middle of the winter :p

Dear I think therefore I torture myself.. You and I seem to have that in common. Our thoughts will be the death of us..

Anonymous said...

I love you ya zifta too :D No seriously, I do. "Ana wenti wel zaman tawil!!!"

I SEE MY SILVER BALLERINA PUMPS!

Amethyst said...

Kaileena
I don't want to be cynical;\

jesterat314
Significant to my mood when I typed in the title of the post;p

3baid
Hehe, I can't love people for no reason. It's not that easy in my world;)

Vixen
;*

Kila Ma6goog
Mn meta kan fi 3elaqa bain my post titles w my post content?:)

Fourme
Lol, we've been labeled "homeless";p

They will.. unfortunately:)

Sou
Haha, 7atan ana ga3da 3ala galbech yal zift;*

Cute, huh?

Coconut said...

ur identity crisis is normal, it's just a phase that we all go through in life, it's called maturing.

Silver said...

i love my friends too;p

Amethyst said...

Ge6awEe
Maturing? I'm over that;p

I think it's called nervous breakdown:)

Silver
;p

Hasan.B said...

"silent phone conversations"

Now I know why zain and wataniya make an outstanding amount of profit every year!

AnGeL said...

so my last post left u speechless ??
i demand a comment expressing how happy and fascinated u were at the moment!!!

share my happiness with me...this is why god created friends :D

NOW GO COMMENT...inshalla a smile :D

Amethyst said...

Hasan.B
Yeah;)

Angel
Lol! Okay..

Anonymous said...

Ge3di ya after my liver and heart! :p

Amethyst said...

Sou
Ga3da ga3da, don't worry;p