May 17, 2008

Laish ma tebtasmain?

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net


---


Waiting patiently for the results of the elections...


---


I sit cross-legged on my bed surrounded with marked books, newspaper clippings, and papers. I go through them one by one, willing myself to comprehend the world. A motorcycle accident I witnessed years ago flashes through my mind when I glance at the article. An article about how people prefer "The Road Not Taken" triggers a series of thirsty questions. A book about a lady Burned Alive in her own country due to social chains brings to mind the many that have gone and are going through what she has. And then, I remember a book that I never got back, One Hundred Years of Solitude, and I smile at the magic of Macondo. I turn to the piles of paper, and I hesitate. I pick one up.


I read something I wrote ages ago. I am the same different person, now. Funny how the pages tell me that I was lost back then, as well. In a different way, of course. I pick another paper up. It ends with "Why not?" I remember the many times I said that in order to justify my reading. I pick another paper up. A definition of beauty. That hasn't changed. Slight alterations in my choice of words. I pick another one up. I blink twice. I smile. I tear up. I still smile.


I can never forget those days. The days I was challenged to answer questions about my existence, my life, and my purpose. Each question is written with a sophisticated hand. Then, the answer. The answers. Like the rules demanded, in blue or black ink. No corrections. If a thought seems incomplete, put a period. Go on. Don't scratch things out. Leave them the way they are. This way, I'll learn who I am. I read them all. Every single word.


I haven't changed. Not really.

20 comments:

Amethyst said...

Hasan.B
Really.

Anonymous said...

Really really?

BizyLizy said...

Your reflections remind me of my own.

Here, I am thinking I have grown and matured in the course of 39 years, yet one reading of my high school diaries, and I'm thinking...

not so much.

Well, maybe a teensy weensy little bit. But not so much.

*sigh*

Kaos said...

I feel am lucky to get this opportunity to read your writings. Apparantly you should publish them more since you have so many fans already :)

Amethyst said...

jesterat314
Really really.

BizyLizy
:)

Exactly, it's those documents of change that show us that there is no change.

Yeah:)

Kaos
Thank you:)

Let's hope I get a book published before I head to the grave;p

Big Pearls said...

I miss having breakfast:p

Amethyst said...

Big Pearls
Stop missing it. Eat breakfast.

F. said...

I agree with Kaos.


...and when it happens I want a dedication! ;P

Moniker said...

i hate reading things that i thought/wrote years ago when i was younger. it embarrasses me :p

Amethyst said...

F.
Hehe, let's hope it happens:)

Moniker
It shouldn't embarrass you. It's a definition of your identity;)

FourMe said...

isn't there a post missing ? or am I hallucinating!

Amethyst said...

FourMe
A post missing where? Post about what ya3ni?

I think you're hallucinating;p

Esperanza said...

ur writings somehow reminds me of the the inner me that not any1 in this world knows and then just then a tear springs in my eyes bur nobody sees its still my inner self...

Amethyst said...

Anoosa
This blog is the revelation of everything I am, and sometimes, we should let our inner selves shine through:)

FourMe said...

yes I was hallucinating, it was the post before this post that I thought it was missing, ma3alaih elkobir shain :p

Amethyst said...

FourMe
Lol! Okay;p

Unknown said...

Your posts, to me, are your titled. :p

You used to smile a lot when you were younger?

Amethyst said...

N.
Lol!

I still smile a lot. I just don't smile 24/7 for no reason;p

Âme said...

Yeah! we hardly change at core.

~ Soul

Amethyst said...

Soul
So, you go with the corner stone theory when it comes to identity?