Jul 27, 2008

Overwhelming Silence



---


A: What is it?

Amethyst: *shrugs*

A: You brought me here, so you could sit on the floor and stare through the wall?

Amethyst: I don't know. I thought I had something to say.

A: Talk to me

Amethyst: I said I thought I had something to say. Doesn't that mean I really had nothing to say?

A: You tell me

Amethyst: I don't know. I guess I don't.

A: Don't cry

Amethyst: I don't cry.

A: Whatever you say

Amethyst: You know, my friend lent me a hilariously funny book.

A: And?

Amethyst: It's funny?

A: Okay. You're crying. This is not working. You can't cry and talk about a funny book.

Amethyst: Really? Watch me.

A: Khebla. Are you challenging yourself?

Amethyst: No, I'm betraying it.

A: And why are you doing that?

Amethyst: I wasn't doing it intentionally, and I'm stuck now. That's the book on top of that pile..

A: You're stuck?

Amethyst: Trapped?

A: Be brutally honest. I won't bite.

Amethyst: I never said you would.

A: What's going on?

Amethyst: I wish I could tell you. You weren't there when it first started. And me telling you now.. Well, it would just be a waste of time. You can't help. You know?

A: No, I don't know. I can always help. We both know that.

Amethyst: Not in this case. I feel like I don't need any of this.

A: This?

Amethyst: This equals everything I have or am living.. Everything. Just everything, kel shay.

A: Why are you giving up on yourself?

Amethyst: I'm not. I'm giving up on expecting things to work out the way I want them to. For a kid who didn't like fairy tales, I should've learned that happy endings aren't for real.

A: You already knew that.

Amethyst: Every single time? They're never there..

A: Really? What if-

Amethyst: No what ifs, remember?

A: Right.

Amethyst: Can we just sit here in silence?

A: Of course

27 comments:

Mohammad Al-Yousifi said...

whois a?

KTDP said...

a seems like no fun ....

[totally missing the point of the post I know; but I had to let it out]

FourMe said...

True, there never is a happy ending..

Anonymous said...

happy endings are everywhere.. the only problem is that its not really an ending =p
I liked the 'watch me' part..

Anonymous said...

Silence is Golden .... ooooooh!

Big Pearls said...

Happy endings do happen..sometimes.

Coconut said...

I agree with jester.. it's more like happy beginnings, after that you get ups and downs.. no big deal really, you should deal with the downs in an optimistic manner, like knowing it's a matter of time and it'll all be over. Accept life as it is, understand it, then you'll get it.

most things in life that we want may not necessarily be good for us.. (wa3asa an takraho shay2on wahowa 5ayron lakum).. u never kno.. so cheer up sweetie :)

Anonymous said...

One day you'll find what you're looking for Amethyst. You will.

Anonymous said...

mmmm its time to listen to some Mika songs so u cheer up :)

zwena said...

Amethyst: I'm not. I'm giving up on expecting things to work out the way I want them to. For a kid who didn't like fairy tales, I should've learned that happy endings aren't for real.

*sigh*

Amethyst said...

Kila Ma6goog
My magician:)

KTDP
A is more fun than you think!

FourMe
:)

Jesterat314
Lol, it's not really an ending. How very true:)

Hehe, 7abetek el3afya;p

Hamitaf La B
Hmm..

Big Pearls
Read Jester's comment:)

Coconut
I don't really want anything. I just want things to set themselves straight. Enough with the shite that's happening.

I'm actually a very optimistic person, but when I'm depressed, all's out there.

Sou
One day could be far away.

Amu
I tend to pick music that reflects my mood:)

Zwena
*SIGH*, indeed!

Manutdfanatic said...

...:)

Amethyst said...

Manutdfanatic
:)

F. said...

You scare me with posts like these...

Are you really down underneath that smile?

I wish I could help.

Manutdfanatic said...

Down underneath that smile...

Sorry, F's words just echoed incessantly in my head there for a minute.

Amethyst said...

F.
I'm not down down. I'm happy most of the time. The smiles are genuine:)

And I'm a big girl. I can handle it;*

Manutdfanatic
...

Don't be sorry;)

nQ said...

GEEEEEEEE ZUS!! Why cant there be any happy endings? Kilayatkom maaal hardcore antidepressants with a pinch of optimism. Just cause it didn’t work the first 7 times doesn’t mean that it will never work out for you :/ cheer up, live a little .. you’re a “big girl” though, you know better

Amethyst said...

ana nimir raAAR!
Because they're never really endings, like Jester said:)

I don't do bullcrap pills;p

Seven times?! Whoa..

do0da said...

shhh happy endings are real! You just have to look hard enuf for it. For example you might shed a tear when bambis mom was shot on that meadow but me i just think of that lovely steak that hunter brought back to his family; i bet that was a gr8 family dinner :p

oo ok lets say its not really ending cuz u still have to wake up and live the next day bes c'mon back to the the hungry hunter if it was a movie it woulda ended with him on the dinner table and his wife bringing in the plate to the table then they laugh he tells her he loves her and the screen fades to black :p id be pissed if that happened to me in real life id like to live long enuf to actually eat bambis mom b4 my life fades to black! Even if that means waking up the next day to realize im stuck in a stupid sequel and we all knw how bad sequels are but hey even sequels have happy endings :r


ur a shitty optimist if i may say so :P j/k

do0da said...

yes i knw i need my head checked but i kinda like it the way it is :P

Amethyst said...

Do0da
I'm not surprised you like your head the way it is;p

Anonymous said...

*hugs*
there isnt a happy ending because its not the end yet =)

Amethyst said...

Rawr
And I won't experience the end:)

*Hugs*

Anonymous said...

theres always a way to make things better

u'll pull through, i know it. ;)

Amethyst said...

secretadmirer
Is there?

I know it, too:)

Anonymous said...

Awww... *hugs tight*

I'm sorry for this, and how you're feeling. It reminds me of how I feel at this specifc moment...

Cheer up honey, I'm around if needed; I know that may sound freaky cause we don't even know each other. Nonetheless, I love to help<3

Amethyst said...

DreamerGirl
That was a long time ago:)

Thanks anyway;*