Nov 14, 2007

The Kaifan Duwaniya

First off, a HUGE thank you to my Jam3a Buddies (yes, that's what I call you guys;p) for being nice to H, from HAJS. We had a lot of fun, no spoilers. Wallah you guys are amazing. 7ada you make jam3a life so much more schezam. I love you all. Ok, not all, but you know whether or not I love you and how much;p.. Hehe, a7ebkuuuuuum;**.. A few shoutouts:
Sou: It was great seeing you today:)
F: Lol, I keep remembering Elmo and laughing;p
K: You can't play without me;) I kill you:\
N: BIG HUG;*
FJ: Shake the can;p
M: Elgebaaayel;D
I: You're my sweetheart;*
D: Thanks for the doughnut ride;*
H: I'm not half;p
A: Don't steal and eat doughnuts :\
S: Hit H mercilessly with Dana's stick! You have me as back up. That doesn't reassure you, does it?;p
For those of you whom I didn't mention, you simply didn't come to mind. Oh, and I wonder if my stalker will ever come across this. In case s/he does: STOP FREAKING ME OUT :\
H, I'm glad you enjoyed. 7ayach allah every week;p Hehe, I love you more than all of them;*
J, 7ada 6afich ;\
---

Now, onto more serious steamy issues. Steamy as in angering, not juicy. Imagine this:
I'm sitting in my linguistic class, and the professor brings up the topic of... Sexist Language! I raise my hand and tell him that we have not really taken all our rights in the English language. Not in my point of view, anyway. So, I trigger a discussion. One girl says that women have taken more than their deserved rights and that men should ask them for their rights since they now have everything they need and more! Grrrr! I raise my hand. I ask her what rights do we have that men don't have? :@ I'm all angry, and I give her a very threatning look.
I know, I know! I should keep an open mind. I should respect everyone's opinions. I know! I just can't in this topic. I feel betrayed! Mn Seji! I don't mind men attacking women's rights, etc. I don't hate men. Male chauvinists piss me off, but not a lot, because I am the female version of them. But women who see themselves as undeserving of equality and inferior to men really offend me. Yes, I feel offended, insulted, shocked, you name it!
As a woman, I feel like it is my duty to respect myself for being a woman. That's enough reason for me to respect myself. Why see myself as inferior to men, when I can see myself as an equal? Why not ask for what I don't have? Why not speak in the favor of my gender? I understand that sometimes women can be stupid, but so can men!
Khalas, I'm going to stop. I need to control myself. I don't need anger management. I won't cross the line. Deep breaths. I'm actually meditating. I'm looking at a spot on the wall and breathing in and out.
---
Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you had fun..

Amethyst said...

Speedo
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I loved the donughts! Can you bring some more tomorrow? PLEASE??? :D

Your friend H is really nice, bring her more often!

Yalla, gtg read the poems for class tomorrow; see you in the morning!

x

Amethyst said...

Sou
Hehe, 3alaich bel3afya 7bbti;* I can't bring tomorrow because we have class at 8am. 7aram I wake the maids up at 5 to fry them.

I'll make sure she reads that;)

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

ahhhh Linguistics!! memories at the lab.. I wonder, does Dr. Helmi still teach there?!

Unknown said...

3alekom bel 3afiya!

Personally, I like waitresses (:p) and stewardesses are lovely human beings! Oh, and Policemen are cool too!

Did I completely violate you there? :p I'm kidding, don't get so burned up about it. Language will correct itself in time, it always happens! These things take a very long time. Chauvinists, men and women alike will always exist..

I say, enjoy the sunlight, and your fruit cocktail ;P

Amethyst said...

Chika
No, not that I now of.

N.
Allah y3afeek!

Hehe, you mean police officers. Where's your sense of equality?;p

I can't not get burned up, it's in my blood.

I'm enjoying the sun, breeze, and my pina colada:)

arch96madi said...

omg! i had sooo much fun that day!!! 7adi i enjoyed meeting all ur friends!!! i lov them too!!! ma tiwa8a3t fee a7ad nafna ib ku!! hehe
ya7lailhom! 7adhom iwansoon... i will soooooo come more often! kilma insawee pinup ra7 ayeen 3indikom:p,, hehe
LUV U DIWANIYAT KAIFAAAAAANNN!!! ur my new jam3a frnds:*

Anonymous said...

3alykom bel 3afya

Amethyst said...

H;*
7ayach allah;D

Hehe, wanasa.. I'm glad you like them because I love them! Yeah, ana ba3ad I didn't think ako nafsna b KU.

Luv u;*

Cat
Allah y3afeech:)

Soud said...

الله يديم المحبه بينكم

Amethyst said...

Soud
Thanks:)

Btw, I'm reading The Secret now, and next is The Witch of Portobello.

Soud said...

I can't wait till u finish the secret and start reading Witch of Portobello; I have the DVD for the secret :)

I'm reading now
الشخصية المحمدية

Amethyst said...

Soud
I try to read Arabic books. I feel guilty. I don't feel like I grasp everything like I do when I read English books. Next Arabic book I'm reading is the latest for Dr. Ahmad ElKhateeb.

I can't wait either. Is the DVD good?

Soud said...

Yes good, I only watched the DVD and didn’t read the book

Amethyst said...

Soud
The book is always better:)

On a different note, nabi post ydeed on your blog;p