Nov 5, 2007

What? Oh, you mean childhood!



Okay, so what childhood? I do not remember watching cartoons. I do not remember owning barbies. I do not remember wearing puffy birthday dresses. I do not remember playing supermaket. I do not remember playing dress up. I do not remember walking around in my mother's heels. I do not remember wanting candy. I do not remember gerge3an. I do not remember my birthday parties. I do not remember wanting a pet. I do not remember having an imaginary friend. I do not remember liking to color or draw. I do not remember school concerts. I do not remember my PreK, KG1, and KG2 friends. I do not remember playing in the playground. I do not remember owning stuffed animals. I do not remember playing Snakes and Ladders. I do not remember playing Sega. I do not remember owning a kitchen set. I do not remember my teachers. I do not remember if I bullied or was bullied. I do not remember wanting to be anything when I grow up. I do not remember our neighbors. I do not remember caring about how I looked. I do not remember liking to go to the jam3eya. I do not remember copying my parents when they prayed. I do not remember questioning where I came from. I do not remember going through the "but why?" phase. I do not remember. I do not remember. I do not remember.


Here's what I do remember: I remember learning the colors and numbers in English before starting school. I remember singing "Twinkle Twinkle" and "Baba Blacksheep" in the balcony with my older brother. I remember dressing the same as my brother but in the girl version of the outfit. I remember falling in love with reading. I remember reading at a party at my aunt's house behind a couch while being looked for by the crowd. I remember mom giving me lipstick to wear for the school National Day dance which I did not enjoy. I remember my grandfather's house and how I used to sit on the stairs to watch the neighborhood. I remember breaking my arm because my evil cousin gave me roller skates too big for my feet. I remember my first two-piece bathing suit. I remember loving Rwaished as a kid. I remember dancing to Michael Jackson at 6. I remember my brother's Lion King birthday cake. I remember my parents buying us too many Disney movies. I remember my dad telling me how beautiful I am. I remember how old ladies pinched my cheek and gave me gum (which I do not eat even now). I remember my Babar the Elephant books. I remember ice cream and the beach.


I like my childhood memories. Sij ena when people talk about their childhood's I kind of feel like I'm lost.. But I love my childhood. I love knowing that it wasn't by the book. I love knowing that I didn't care for cartoons and candy. Yes, I sometimes want to know what my birthday's were like. No, it doesn't kill me not being able to remember:)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

loll honestly I dont rem any thing..I just rem her hitting my head on the wall..dad hitting me with slippers and rem me being naughty...rest all my memory is clear :PpP

Anonymous said...

her = my mom

Amethyst said...

Amu
Lol! It shows that you were naughty;p

Anonymous said...

n i always used to say them that you are not my parents show me my birth certificate but unfortunately it had their names there.. I was like ahh too late to change now...loool

Anonymous said...

ee walla old days were so good ,, i loveed being a kid i got everythign i wanted ;D hahahaa ... this generation alla yster 3laihm u dunno wut to expect 4m da kids ,, 9ub7an alla thy say things tht would shock da hell out of me o ilmshkela qalelin adab ,, but u knw ,, mo kilhm ofcourse ... sm mshalla their parents knw how to raise them !! ... i think im gonna get sick :S heff ;/ miss u 3wash ;*** i need more news bout u knw ;P hahahahahaa

haj said...

Every single thing that you wrote that you don't remember, I remember doing. EVERYTHING ;p

Anonymous said...

7aram anything wrong i do ,, safa use to get da blame :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ i LOVE MY SISTEEEEEEEEEEEEERRR ... IM SORRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ,, ya as if she woudl ever read this ;p hhahaha .. but still ya7lailha she always had my back in good n bad .. o whn i mean bad I MEAN BAD !! :/ 7abeebty nw ur making me feel bad im gonna go call her ....

Anonymous said...

Being a kid is much fun !

isaythedarnestthings said...

I have absolutely no memory of my childhood
I only remember everything after i turned 12 and that's it
I guess that means I had a dull childhood a very normal one? or the opposite? LOL

Mohammad Al-Yousifi said...

how can u remember childhood if ur still living it?

maybe in 10 years the gap will be widen and ull start to remember all these things ppl talk about:)

Anonymous said...

LOL! I don't think you were a kid a9lan, since you do not recall the most important details.. 3adi I say.. they are burried some where inside that head of yours :P

Soud said...

great words

Mohammad Al-Yousifi said...

i was thinking about what u wrote and i came to this conclusion

maybe u are so happy and busy with ur life now thats why u dont need to force ur engin to remember ur childhood memories

other unsatisfied ppl somehow need to remember childhood as the 'Good Days' to cover their not so happy life now!


i said

maybe!

Amethyst said...

S
Hehe, yeah. Tell me about it. I know. We need to talk:)

And about Safa, you're evil:|

haj
Lol. Remember our opposites attract theory?

Luv u, darling;*

cat
It is:)

Noufa
Maybe. Dig out the photo albums and homes videos;)

Kila Ma6goog
Umm. I'm 18. Is that still childhood? I don't mind looking back on my life in 10 years. I love it:D

Your theory makes so much sense!

Soud
Thanks:)

Ammaro said...

how come you dont remember those things?

anyway, childhood is a different experience for different people, and no matter what, it still brings back thoughts of simpler times, more innocent days, and times when we were truley happy :)

Amethyst said...

ammaro
Maybe because I didn't do them?

I've never been happier:)