Mar 4, 2008

Talool

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net


---



Almost all of the professors I have had are good people. They are professional and kind-hearted. They repeat when you do not understand. They give you the chance to freely express your opinion and discuss. From the English Department, I have not come across one professor that has upset me. I strongly admire most. BUT professors from other departments have caused me extreme mental pain once in a while. For example, I had a lecturer who would not answer students who did not speak in fu97a (Arabic)!


This semester, I am (along with many) his unfortunate student. Since his class is in Arabic, I have to make an extra effort in everything. And I try. Really. So, I walk in one minute late the class before last, and I don't know, I felt it would be polite to apologize (I usually do, I didn't know any better): "Sorry, I'm late."... What do you think he replied? "A3melek aih?" Uuuuhh, I didn't ask you for anything! I'm simply apologizing! Goodness! La w he marked me down as absent;\


Last class, he just.. evolved into an epitome of rudeness! While calling names out for attendance, he yells at me to speak up, and I'm LOUD, people! Those of you who know me already know that;p He doesn't allow us to write while he lectures (how High School is that?), so he fills the board, explains, and then allows us to write. If anyone is holding a pen during his explanation, they get yelled at! Anyways, so he gives us two minutes or so (not enough time) to copy what's on the board. He walks over to erase, and this happens:



Girl: Dr. la ma khalasna! (Prof, we're not done yet!)

Him: Allah yhed 7ailek! (May God exhaust your strength!)


*insert shocked faces and laughter*


10 seconds later


Him: Khelesto? (Done?)

Girl: La! (No!)

Him: La2a b3ainek! (No in your eye; it's an Arabic thing, and it's insolent;\)


*insert more shocked faces and laughter*


---


Randomly: I miss one of my friends wayed;\

18 comments:

Hasan.B said...

Shal dr il ahbal?! someone should ewaqfa 3nd 7da!

Oh and Cyanide & Happiness mo 6abe3eyen!

Amethyst said...

Hasan B.
Adri, but he's an old man, and I don't want to be rude;\

Lol, I know!

AnGeL said...

OH MY GOD you use Talool as a title for your post??!?! I GOT TO SEE HIM
i want to meet him
Introduce me to him PLEASE
:D :D

Amethyst said...

Angel
LOL! Ee, ma shefta today;\ I love that guy!

Hehe, inshallah! Call me when you see him, and I will;p

um-miT3ib said...

haw haw haw haw haw sh'hal prof ?! inaket?

Amethyst said...

Um-Mit3ib
La, mn seja weya wayha.. Ma yeste7i! 7ada emnarfezni le2ana yabi 6ag bs mu 3aref shloun y7a9la;\

haj said...

LOOOOOL!!! WTF, the professor? ... ishsalfita hatha?! thats hilarious!! BABE, INTAY IT3ARFEEN SHLONE IT2ADBEENA!!!! it should be ur specialty ;p

who do you miss?

OutOfReach said...

@@ allah y3eenkom :)

Amethyst said...

Haj
Lol! He's OLD! He's lived for like two periods or something;p

Aste7i a2adba;p

I'll tell you later;)

Outofreach
7ada;\

Purgatory said...

hahahahaha, old school doctor, ah what days.

You are just from a new generation, so you are not accustomated to such professors, but at our times (am not KUNIV) we have had our share of such teachers and they had to be that way because we were insolent :P and thus, its just a habit for him.

Amethyst said...

ThePurg
Lol!

Well, we're not insolent.. Ma nestahel;(

Anonymous said...

Call ur friend !

Kaileena said...

Been there..stay on his good side, that kind gives generous grades to the ones he likes.

Anonymous said...

"allah yhed 7ailek" LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL e3jebatni saraa7tah lol

ooo raja'an la towlheen 3alay wayed, ra7 tet3ebeen LOOOOOOOOOOL

Unknown said...

la2 b3ain el3ado!! shal islooob t7fa hatha!

suspic said...

I honestly love the fo97a thing. It's our language after all.

Old people usually stop caring for trivial things like manners and politeness, so embrace it. They're just waiting to die..

Big Pearls said...

LoL are u sure he's a professor?!

Amethyst said...

Cat
I do, but it's not the same.

Kaileena
Okay, but ;\

Outkasty
Lol;p

Hehe;*

Vixen
Shdarani;p

Suspic
I don't;\

Lol! That's an interesting point of view;p

Big Pearls
I didn't see his PhD;p