Feb 8, 2008

ولا فاكر كلمة حتعيد اللي كان؟

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net


---


Major te7el6em, I'm warning you. We had a 3azeema at our place today. A half formal half informal thing because I don't really know the people all that well. So, I wake up and get ready for the guests, only to be told that there's work to be done. I had to shift tables and chairs, fill napkin holders, set the table, stir sauces, clean dishes, etc. This also means going to the kitchen frequently while they are cooking food. My dress smells like the food, and I have to change. I really really really hate it when I have an outfit planned, and I'm forced to wear something else... ESPECIALLY WHEN THE SOMETHING ELSE IS A DARA3A! ;@


Anyways, so the people come, and my dad decides to put me in charge of everything. I've hosted parties, dinners, lunches, and gatherings before, so I know what to do most of the time even if it's people I don't know well. However, everyone seemed to think that the way I set the table or do such things is wrong when this is the way I've been doing it forever! So, I have people getting in the way of doing things throughout the 3azeema! Oh, and people kept leaving the spoons in the dishes when there's a small plate thing for the utensils under every dish! I had to keep getting up from the table to put them in the right place, so they don't become too hot to hold since there's a candle under almost every dish;S


After the guests are moved to another room, and the dining room has been cleared, it's time for dessert. Question: how many times do you change your mind when asked what you want for dessert?! Will you please make up your mind?! So, when everyone's served, I take a seat next to my dad. I sit there silently most of the time because there's really nothing they are talking about that interests me until someone asks me the occasional "What do you study?", "How old are you now?", and "Do you drive?"


I don't want to go through this again. I'm cranky and exhausted. I need a massage;(


---


I'm having a lot of questions these days, so here goes the one for this post:


How many chances would you give a person whose hurt you over and over again?

18 comments:

suspic said...

I'd like to say one or two chances, but probably every time til someone you know steps in and says "enough".

About gatherings, they suck. Try to serve chai o gahwa in a dewaniya. The whole protocol of keeping up with your gahwa people, to pour them another one the second they finish and shit..then timing it right when to serve tea after el gahwa..

..or not pouring one for someone 'cause they shook it, but they say they didn't.. then it's "Sorry, drink up bitch =) ".

um-miT3ib said...

dizele emailich 3ashan i invite u

Amethyst said...

Suspic
I've had enough myself, but I seem to be soft at times;\

LOL! No, thank you then;p

The shaking thing is like MAKE UP YOUR MIND!;\

Um-Mit3ib
Inshallah! 3ad I was wondering why it's invite only;\

Umm.. How do I send you my e-mail? Your e-mail mu mawjood b ur profile;\

arch96madi said...

0 chances
hang in there sweetie:*
luv u
HAJS

Hasan.B said...

No more chances. Wasted them already the first time!

Mohammad Al-Yousifi said...

only 1

Anonymous said...

depends 3al-adimi =/

Um Mit3ib said...

um.mit3ib@gmail.com

Broke Saudi said...

Fuck that comic strip was hilarious, that's some dark humor! 3azaym are so boring, when I start throwing my own bashes I'll spruce them up a bit. Concering the last bit of your post...I'll give them an infinite number of chances, and no I'm not a moron haha

Amethyst said...

H;*
Luv u more;*

Hasan B.
True, but the first time could have been a mistake?

Kila Ma6goog
:)

Outkasty
Hehe, I've taken that into consideration;p

Um-Miti3b
Will do;)

Broke Saudi
Lol! Yeah, I love those strips!

Please do, save people from mismatched company;\

Hmm.. I don't know about an infinite number of chances..

Anonymous said...

email me i have something u r going 2 like ... 4 u :)

Amethyst said...

Cat
Inshallah:)

Unknown said...

The comic should have been, "4 children die from drug overdose" What if neverland was just another LSD trip? lol...

Answer: Depends how sincere they are.

Amethyst said...

N.
Lol! I doubt;p

How would I know?;\

Unknown said...

If you've known that person for quite a while you'd know how sincere they are. Actually, this question should be directed to the person. Just say, "How many chances do you think I should give you after I've given you so many already?"

Amethyst said...

N.
This person has always been sincere, but chances don't come for free. Sometimes, people can't keep promises they've made over and over again..

Unknown said...

Then these people probably should learn to stop making promises they can not keep. We all have our shortcomings, promising to try to overcome them and keeping on trying is better than to promise to overcome them and never doing so.

Amethyst said...

N.
Looks like we're back talking through comments;p

Well, some people will never learn. It's complicated. You give a person the chance they ask for and you get hurt.. more than once or twice. It's alright. I've made my decision.. No more chances:)