Feb 15, 2008

Golf, anyone?





Falantan and Suspic have both recently posted about anonymity, and I feel like writing my take on things.

First of all, I'm anonymous to most fellow bloggers; however, people I know personally know of and read my blog as well. When I came up with my first post, I had my blog's URL in my personal message on MSN. I decided that I didn't really care what other people thought of my thoughts, opinions, life, etc. I'm not hiding myself. If one of the bloggers or a random stranger figures out who I am from this blog, I won't freak out, but I won't post my full name and pictures either. Those who know me personally, know that I am as expressive in real life as I am on this blog. I blog because I like to write, to share humor, with hope that my opinion on certain topics makes a difference, to keep in touch with people whom I've shamefully neglected due to life, and for many othe reasons.

Of course, not being anonymous to some people has affected me both positively and negatively. On one hand, I have people who read my blog but don't comment. They express their thoughts on what they've read in college, at gatherings, and on MSN. So, it gives me something interesting to discuss. Also, no compliments intended;p, I feel like most bloggers are giving me hope of a better world. Despite our differences, we seem to get along easily. By differences, I mean our arguments, disagreements, and opinions. Blogs seem to provide a familiar ground for us to communicate and discuss things without absurd social ties and assumptions. On the other hand, I've been disrespected by people who know who I am. I understand that my opinion might not be accepted by everyone, but I do not understand why it cannot be respected. I also hoped that everyone would be able to comment freely by disabling the comment moderation feature, but I'm disappointed that some people prefer to discuss things one on one and sometimes I feel violated by the way in which I've been perceived.

Poshlust is meant to trigger honest discussions and house them for other people to see. I don't know. Maybe some day those who prefer to launch vicious verbal attacks will come out of their shells and comment whether anonymously or not.
Thanks, you guys:)

13 comments:

Purgatory said...

I precieve you as short with lotta hair, sometimes a midget with glasses, and sometimes a chubby chick with big thighs, depends on my mood :)

suspic said...

Having a "mwqi3" is frowned upon amongst my people, so it's quite complicated especially since they can find me with google if they ever feel curious again as to what suspic means. =/

Anyway, there will always be lovers and haters. Realisticly real life haters can affect you though, so try to be diplomatic.

Anonymous said...

Purgatory, she's a skinny midget who feels deeply connected to her sunglasses for a very inexplicable reason.

and i love how you give you take on things all the time, just like that :-p

you're right, bloggers get along in the blogosphere better than in real life. i dont want to give you my take on that and share my experience because i'm not you and you're not me and you want a piece of me.

F. said...

A very "speechy" post :P
Let me take this opportunity to say that I respect your blog you and the real you...

Suspic: My family encourages me but I'm not in a hurry to share my URL with them...only because I know how some of them would be like :X

Amethyst said...

ThePurg
Lol! I'll refrain from saying anything;p

Suspic
Hehe, yeah.. My people don't give a shit;p

Real life haters will be kicked out of my life:)

Almost There
I'm skinny?! Yay!;D

I'm deeply connected to my sunglasses because I have a stalker;\

Hehe, yeah.. My space, kaify;p

LOL! That's just so you:)

F.
I like "speechy";p

Thank you, same goes for you;*

Silver said...

I like to stay anonymous so tht people dont read judgingly cuz believe it or not ppl do that. so when ppl read wat i post its better tht they read it not knowing wat kind of person i rly am therefor they will be more likely to stay their honest, non judgemental opinion. :D

kella met2a5er said...

I totaly agree with you..
There is peeps in my familly, and friends, knows my blog and read it all the time..and never comment..all what I get from them is: hey KM I like your last post, or hey..what a pic!! where did you get it from!!

haj said...

Some people can't respect your point of view on things because they think their way is the only right way and if you don't agree with it then you've got haters!
Well I say, screw them all! If there are some things me and you don't agree on, I still respect your point of view and it dosen't even make me mad that we don't agree on the same thing.

Amethyst said...

G and L
I don't really care how they read it because they should teach themselves not to be judgemental;p

Kella Met2a5er
Yeah;D

Haj
True, I already got haters;p

I know and that's why I love you so much 7bbti;*

eshda3wa said...

i dont care if ppl know who i am

in fact i broad cast it

i wouldnt have a problem having my full name or pictures, bs out of respect for the very weird social rules we have, i dont post any

Amethyst said...

Eshda3wa
I broadcast it, but I like the staying anonymous to some game;p

Grey said...

Whats Golf got to do with it ?

Amethyst said...

'Grey'
Nothing. I always have random titles. Haven't you noticed yet?:)