Feb 9, 2008

Does it look like I care?

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net




---




A few days ago, I was at the Avenues with friends. I was tired and restless, and they were making me walk all over the place. Soon, I got sick of walking around (in new heels which hurt the soles of my feet), and I sat down while waiting for them to come out of a shop. Sitting next to me was a lady with two babies in their carts. The baby girl started crying, and the baby boy followed. Each wanted to get out of the cart. She took the baby girl out, and I offered to play with her while she calmed down the baby boy. I put the girl (in a flowery dress and hairband with a bow) in my lap and made faces until she giggled. I felt like having my own baby.


Oh, and lesson learned: there are nice strangers out there. Because more often than not, poeple are rude and annoyingly stuck up.


---


Again, the question:


Why do we always bump into half of the people we know when we go out? Do you always stop and say hi and catch up?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know, i truly hate it when I try to be nice to a total stranger and get this nasty attitude.. I can't help but help you know!

As for those we see and know, sometimes I ignore if they are people I do not want to be associated with

Amethyst said...

Chika
Yeah, I know.. Than God, that was a nice lady!

Lol! If you don't want to be associated with them, then you don't know them;)

F. said...

I wouldn't ever do that...A9lan I get really irritated when children cry...I'll tell you what kind of mother I become when I become one ;)

Sometimes I catch up..if I'm really close with the person...but if I know them just a little I might just wave, nod or smile.

Amethyst said...

F.
Lol! 7araam! They can't really express themselves 3adel;p

Hehe, I'll hug you when I see you! You can't avoid that! *Evil laugh*

Grey said...

Yes ! you did good ! But it will not be same thoughts when kids get cranky and poopy . You wish you were playing with someone else's kid. lol? BUt the Joy that ur own Kid brings there is nothing like it ... Can't xplain that feeling.
And lol @ meeting relatives in the mall , though i don't have any of mine in KWT .. i see a lot of people 'catch up' kinda tiresome i guess kissing that many people ( when u are already tired of walking so much ).

suspic said...

I'm a pretty forgetful person, and when I walk I'm often occupied with who's next to me..so a lot of times I get a "tsawi nfsik mo shayfni?" comment. Or I did see them but I didn't remember them until they stopped me like they were just faces passing by.

I don't like people who catch up too much, they'd tell you every damn thing you missed from their lives. I just want a "hala shlonick? ee sh5barik? yala nshofk 3la 5air".

Anonymous said...

I bump into so many people I know when I go out thats why I avoid going out to malls specially on weekends!

Purgatory said...

so if you see me crying, you would do the same :P?

Amethyst said...

'Grey'
I'll let you know how it feels when I have my own kids inshallah:)

Lol! Not relatives, anyone you know;p

It's not tiresome if you like the person..

Suspic
Lol! I get that a lot, too!

I'd rather smile and nod than get myself into a mess;\

Amu
It doesn't really make a difference whether it's weekdays or weekends. People are everywhere! And it shouldn't stop you from going out!

ThePurg
Lol! I wouldn't have you sit on my lap, but I might make faces;p

Unknown said...

You see them, you say hi, you catch up, you say lets meet again, you never do, you see each oother coincidentally again, and the loop goes on.

Soud said...

بصى بئا الناس كلهم مش وحشين ، في كدا وفى كدا
والراجل أو الست بيساعدوا الناس حتى يبعتلهم ربا حد يساعدهم
والواحد بيعمل بأصلة

ازيك يا بنت اخبارك ايه
:)

Amethyst said...

N.
Lol! That's not how it always is;p

Soud
Eldenya kharba;p

Ma fesh 7aga we7sha:)

Enta akhbarak aih?

eshda3wa said...

i love babies!

i only bump into people i know when i look like crap

when im all dressed up and nice mashoof a7ad!

Amethyst said...

Eshda3wa
I love babies, too;D

Lol! I've had my fair share of both;p