Dec 31, 2007

Auld Lang Syne

[UPDATE]



The sketches above were put up all over campus before the Eid holiday (from 12-27 Dec to be specific). So, I'm wondering, were the people inspired to sketch their own posters for the "We7dat ElErshad ElNafsi" posters, which can be seen below? If they were, I pity them. If they were competing with the above sketches, seriously? What do I say? Just don't do it again.. You're putting yourself to eternal shame.

---


I was walking down a hallway in college with my friend after class today, and I stop dead in my tracks at a billboard of eye-torturing sketches.









Why?! My first though was, "This is too funny." Now, I think it's ridiculous. We have a clinic in our college, and the doctor or nurse or whoever only shows up once a week. We have a counseling office where no one knows the answers to your questions. Why add to the challenge?I'm sure we'll be fine whether finals or no finals.The only places I appreciate are the Student Affairs offices in the English Department and our hangout (where I can b****, moan, and get therapy sessions from my friends or extra nice professors whose offices we conquer with time). I think it's unnecessary. Really.



---


Finally! It's the end of December, which seems like 31 + 5 extra days. It's so BLEKH! It's breakup, depression, stupid decisions, pressure, anexiety month. My part time job as a therapist becomes a full time job, not that I mind. So, YAY!


I don't have resolutions yet. I have to come up with at least one. I'm hoping 2008 is THE year. I feel like I've become more of a person than ever. So, basically, I'm ready to spend more time on polishing up the person I have become and set out on my mission to devour books and acheive my goals. Wait! I came up with a resolution. Try not to refuse giving books to people I know personally who ask to borrow them. Now, if you're the kind that doesn't return my babies, don't ask. Please and thank you. Anyways, so I fell completely head over heels in love with myself in 2007. I can't really pinpoint the exact moment of epiphany, but yeah. This year has been great. I'm thankful for:


Keeping all four of my resolutions
Meeting my jam3a buddies, love you;*
Making one really good friend whom I can trust and relate to (R;*)
Advancing on the spiritual level
Accepting everything about myself
Eventually liking jam3a
Becoming more open to different people and respecting strange ideas
Knowing that I will be able not only to live, but also be strong in extreme situations



There's loads more. So, thank you God for bringing all of this into my life and giving me the space to thrive personality-wise.


---


I've been told by a friend whom I care for and respect very much that I'm too trusting and that people will take advantage of me because I'm too nice. For those of you who know me, what say you?

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

A therapist? I've got 21 years of issues to unload, let's see them try to help me out :p lol

As for 2007, I'm glad you had a good year, inshalla 2008'll be better! ;)

Your question...no, you aren't too trusting, you find it hard to trust just anyone, you found it hard to trust me at first...remember? Stay the way you are hun, you're a strong young lady who knows her rights from her wrongs.

Happy new sana! :D
xxx

AnGeL said...

I don't think so, if u are though, be careful it could get u in troubles
;)

happy new year

enjoy ;)

Amethyst said...

Sou
Hahaha! Want to hire me? For free?

Thanks;*

That's what I thought. Actually, I tursted you easily. I was just a bit intimidated by your insanity;p

Right back at ya;*

Angel
Yeah! I don't think I am..

Thanks, you too;*

Anonymous said...

a therapist ? I guess I need one hehehe :)

Grey said...

Wish you Happy New Year!

Mohammad Al-Yousifi said...

khappy new year

:)

Anonymous said...

Happy new yeaaaaaaaaaaar :*

Anonymous said...

Intimidated by my insanity?! I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult :p lol

Anonymous said...

Happy new year ,, I hope 2008 would be a better year for all of us isa

I wouldn't know if u r too trusting or not, cos I haven't met you.. BUT, I trust sou's opinion :)

I might need ur services as a therapist one day .. hehehe, I so have lotsa issues :)

& Dun worry, Sou's insanity is totally benign.. just make sure you DO NOT approach Mika, Soveretti or AOE in a hostile manner, otherwise u will unleash the beast within :P
I love sou :)

Amethyst said...

Cat
Try them out and let me know;p

OR

You can spill it all out to me, but only if you pretend that it never happened;p

'Grey'
Same to you!

Kila Ma6goog
Khappy new year to you, too:)

Chika
Thanks, darling. You, too;*

Sou
It's a compliment because I absolutely love it:)

OpeRon
Inshallah:)

You should, she's very straight forward.

It says: "Just Spit It Out.." right above the comment box:)

Lol, I'm good with all three;p

I love Sou, too:)

haj said...

The friend that told you you're too trusting is wrong, I don't think you trust people easily, so dont change a thing about you I think you know exactly what you're doing when it comes to people + trust.

Happy new years :** love you

Amethyst said...

Haj
A7ebich;*

Anonymous said...

"Anyways, so I fell completely head over heels in love with myself in 2007"

That's really nice to read :D inshallah dooom :*

Amethyst said...

Vixen
Damat your days ;D

Ms Loala said...

If the help inculdes lifting the load of bitching about Drs then i'm all for it :P

It is sooo uncalled for though!

Amethyst said...

Ms Loala
Lol! I feel you. Let me know if you do give them a shot;p

Anonymous said...

Just be careful...it will all be good :)

Have a great new year

Amethyst said...

Amu
Same to you:)

Purgatory said...

You are just young and you need to have mistakes to learn, if you do not, you will not learn.

I trust in myself only and my sugary friend.

Amethyst said...

ThePurg
Aren't you your sugary friend?