Dec 20, 2007

Surrender yourself to dance...or silence


My apologies to Soud for taking so long. It took me a while to finish this book because I've been busy with school. Studying literature equals a big amount of reading. The book is captivating. As a big fan of Coelho's work, you'd think I picked the book because of the author, but that wasn't the case. In the summer holidays, walking down Hamra St. in Lebanon, I spot a bookstore. I walk in, and the sphere of red tangled hair against the midnight blue background caught my eye. I bought the book along with Reading Lolita in Tehran, and my bag switched itself with the bag of the person in front of me. So, I had to go without the books for a couple of days. By then, I had developed a strange reading obsession and started The Devil and Miss Prym followed by Persepolis, Persepolis 2, and The Alchemist. When I came back here, friends lent me books which I like to return asap. I was afraid that the book would be a disappointment after that prolonged desire to read it and after reading so many good books constantly without scratching my head before it. It was lying around on my bedroom floor, and I started. Every time I finish a book, I feel like everyone should read it. After a while, that feeling usually dies out with normal books but lingers with good books. I'm sure it'll linger for this one. Preview! Anybody? No?!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya benty! kel 3am o enti bkheir :*

Amethyst said...

Chika
Wenti bkhair;*

Purgatory said...

I recommend you read some of the books I read, you can check them by clicking my books catag. on my blog.

Soud said...

كل عام وانتى بخير

امس حصلت الروايه

:)

Amethyst said...

ThePurg
I'll add The Game and Haunted to my list. If I like them, I'll go through the rest:)

Soud
Wenta bkhair:)

Happy reading! I suggest Q8Books. Look at the post entitled "Random-NESS" for details.

haj said...

Ah!! lovve ur new song you put :D

Amethyst said...

Haj
It IS from your CD;p

haj said...

hehe yes i know :$

Amethyst said...

Haj
;*