Jan 6, 2008

Lasagna

I know you checked here earlier to see if I wrote anything about this, so now I know for sure that you're going to read it. I told you I was going to take a shower because it hurts. I didn't explain because we've been over this a gazillion times.

I love you, and that's the main reason I'm writing this. I know you never wished I was different. I know you love me for who I am. I know you're proud of me for having the guts to defy you when we disagree. I know you know I find myself in your brother because of this. I know you remember your mother's prayers when you look at me. I know you know how hard it is for me to discuss such things with you. I know you see the sense in my side of the argument. I know you know I can't make any sense of your argument. I know in your world, you're right. But I also know that in my world, you're wrong.

It hurts that someone I love more than I love myself (you know I don't love many people), someone who I can never be without, thinks the way you do. I keep telling people, "She's different." But every time I say that, I try to find the logic in your argument... and I fail to do that every time. You know what that does to me? It makes me want to challenge you even more. I know what it does to you. It makes you want to hear me through to the end... then disagree. And it goes on and on and on.. But you know what? It brings us closer. It's the cycle of progress in our relationship. It made us drift apart, but we learned to use it to our advantage and make it bring us together. I could go on forever. You know how I am with a chain of thoughts in the shower.

I used to cringe when people tell me that I'm the epitome of you, but now, I smile. I understand that it's true. You always smiled, and I know I should be ashamed of myself for not being able to do that. We talk the same, do the tiny little gestures, play with our hair, laugh out loud, but we don't think the same. And it's OKAY. It's alright because then life would be boring. Our bond wouldn't be as strong. We wouldn't have ice cream nights, and I wouldn't sit at your feet or look into your eyes for answers.

I see the day where you will understand. There is light at the end of the day. I know I always get the point across. But hey, you disagree because you want the best for me.

A7ebich;*


To A, I never want to be without you;*

13 comments:

haj said...

*speechless*

Amethyst said...

Haj
:)

Purgatory said...

hmmm, who loves girls these days, thats very 90's ;p

next time you post something with a food item, I expect food pictures :)

Anonymous said...

Cheers!!

Amethyst said...

ThePurg
:)

You should know by now that my titles have nothing to do with my posts.

P.S. I'm straight;p

Aj
;)

Anonymous said...

good for you!!

Amethyst said...

Amu
:)

Anonymous said...

just wow ! :*

Amethyst said...

S
:)

eshda3wa said...

allah ykhaleekom 7ag ba3ath babe

its always good to agree to disagree!

Amethyst said...

Eshda3wa
Thanks:)

Very true!

Purgatory said...

I am straight in some areas, full in others ;p

Amethyst said...

ThePurg
I'm speechless at your wisdom;p