Jan 24, 2008

Parents Gone

Hello, darlings. I had a trip to the bank this morning. A list of things that I noticed:


1. A sick pregnant woman gets up to throw tissue in the garbage can, and a teenage girl sits in her place. When she sees her coming back, she sneers and doesn't get up!

2. A little boy tugs and yells at his mom (I couldn't understand what he was trying to say), and she simply ignores him.

3. An old lady comes in, and no one offers her a seat! I am sitting on a stool, and when I offer, she says she can't sit on a stool (ma et3aber). The rest simply look on..

4. When it is my turn at the counter, a nosy lady stands next to me and peers into my bag! Wtf?!


---


Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net


---


Last night (or was it the night before?), I was discussing with a friend how we are too nice. Maybe people will take advantage of us. How do we know when someone is worthy? You don't. They can only prove to you that they are not worthy. Right? As soon as I meet someone, and become close friends with that person, I assume that they are worthy. But what if they are not? How far would you go to make that person smile or be happy? And for those who think I am too trusting, I'm not. I just assume that everyone is worthy when I meet them until they prove to be otherwise. For the friend who I disucssed this topic with, I'm positive you're worthy:)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you blame those people for have absolutely no manner! huh! people are weird now!

as for being nice; Don not alter yourself just because others are bad.. I believe that people like you can make a difference and one day goodness will prevail! wow! I am very mature now using such lingo! @@ LOL

Amethyst said...

Chika
Actually, yes.. I do blame them;\

I won't alter myself. I'm just wondering if there is a way to tell whether or not someone is worthy.

I love sophisticated language;p

um-miT3ib said...

inas sayren qaleeleen adab

or selfish

madre;p

Amethyst said...

um-mit3ib
And nosy;p

haj said...

Selfish people wallah ...

You're beside me right now eating Mud Pie (AKA:oreo cake)... ur too cute!!! lovvvee u ;***

suspic said...

The newer generations lack morals. If you're not religious, burn in hell I don't care, but don't ignore morals and ethics..so it all comes down to how a person was raised.

Friendships are weird. I've been in situations where I trusted people and they turned out worthy, and some situations where I didn't and they were worthy, and sometimes you trust and they're not worthy.

I don't think it's all about being good or bad, compatibility is a great factor too. You'd find some people mean to you, but extremely good to others and such.

Life's tough anyway, as an old man once said to me.. "الحياة طراقات ، طراق ورا طراق بتتعلم".

kthxbye

Amethyst said...

Haj
Demented.

LOL! Yeah.. YUM!!! I should've like taken half of it home;p

Love you more;*

Suspic
The new generation includes us?

Friendships are unpredictable. I've had what you had.. Was easy to get of the unworthy people though;p

I will never understand compatibility. I need classes in Quantum Physics;\

Kalaina 6ragat eldenya.. Wait, no! You can't eat slaps, but you know what I mean;p

Anonymous said...

Dear Amethyst..
it comes no surprise to me that some people do lack such manners, as for myself, I won't say that I am full of manners cos I am not.. It is not something I got from my parents but just wisdom acquired from my career.. I try to appreciate whatever is in front of me, There must be a reason of something somewhere.. & after all, everything is a debt.. the day u do not stand up for an old lady, is the same day you're indebted not to be stood for when u r old or sick :)

well, I commented on this post after 48 hours of continuous working.. so if I was blabbering, plz appreciate!

Amethyst said...

OpeRon
I appreciate;p

I'm not full of manners either, but this is just too obvious!!! Karma has to be running after them and sweating heavily, so that when it actually gets them, it's be too bitchy to let it pass easily!

Amethyst said...

it'd*

Grey said...

Man driving a pregnant woman out of the parking lot, another woman blocks/parks the only tiny gateway taht is left to get out of the parking lot... man pleads her to let them go! all she has to do is take reverse and let the car pass ! She refuses ! spits and walks away ! ... It happend to me !

Amethyst said...

'Grey'
*insert shocked face*

F. said...

1. Utter wickedness!!!
2. I hate kids!!!
3. Allah ykathir min amthalich :*
4. Shtabi hathi?!

Amethyst said...

F.
Tell me about it! Umbaih like kelhum ghathouni on different levels w I felt mean;\