Jan 20, 2008

Onion Panic

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net


---


Right, so my birthday is coming up. So, for those of you who are obliged to get me gifts, you know who you are, here's what I don't want. I know it's Valentine's Month when it comes to gifts, but I don't want "I Love You" mugs, fancy designer towels with hearts, or anything that's Valentine's themed. I'd rather have socks. I mean seriously, you're ruining things for me. For one, this stuff reminds me that I'm single. Two, when the special person eventually comes along, I won't appreciate anything he gets me because I'll be used to it. If you're at loss, just get me books, okay?


---


A conversation between my mother and I:


Me: Yeah, so this guy with her in college asked for her hand, and now she's engaged. I'm so happy for her.
7bbti: Hehe ya7lailha, 3eqbalech.. (She's hoping it's my turn soon)
Me: Taw elnass (It's too soon)
7bbti: Ee 3ala elsena elyaya (Yeah, next year)
Me: Uuumm, says who?
7bbti: Next year is too soon ba3ad?
Me: Yeah, I want to graduate first. Plus, there is no one special in mind, so why the hurry?


Right, I'm wondering.. What's up with moms (and aunts) and marriage? I'm turning 19! She says girls who are over 25 have crossed the age limit for marriage. That's so not true. If it was, then I'd be terrified. Plus, I still haven't crossed her so-called age limit. I know some of my friends are getting engaged, married, and all, but I'm not ready. I remember one of my cousins whom I respect very much was telling me that I should be ready to live a different life any time soon because I've lived according to me up until this point. That scares me. Really, I don't want to compromise. I keep reminding myself that I love my life now. What should I expect? 7ada yumma! Anyways, back off! I love you, but seriously, back off;\


---



They sell this very deformed pencil in the photocopy center at college. It looks... Wtf?!

20 comments:

do0da said...

LOLL did u buy the pen :P

oo marriage talk is becoming a common topic among my friends, im starting to feel old :(

Amethyst said...

do0da
Lol! No;p

7ada taw elnass! I'm actually freaking out ena everyone is talking about it like it's time;\

suspic said...

when I was a young boy.. God I listened to this song so many times it grew on me, what's its name?

You're way too young for marriage, moms and aunts just want grandchildren and in their prespective the logical jump from school is marriage and work, they just don't realize there's an actual time gap between them that one needs to mature in.

I'm not a supporter of young marriage, it's a life time commitment, a life time commitment, for your whole life, your whole life with this person. I'd start thinking about it at 23 or so. I want to see, gain experience and enjoy, because Kuwaitis couples have to have a baby from the first night..so that's another life time commitment.

So it's a life partnet, a baby, a whole new family(his side) to get to know.. Way too much shit to swallow at a young age.

I'm talking way too much..

Happy upcoming birthday, young girl.

kthxbye

Grey said...

19 and marriage ? too early , and there is no age limit to get married .

Nice Pencil WT...

Amethyst said...

Suspic
It's called Flawed Design - Stabilo, and the video is amazing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0lJ_wcAzwo

You do realize that school hasn't even finished yet, don't you?;\

No babies on the first night.

Talk, the comment box is telling you to "spit it out" ;)

Thanks:)

'Grey'
Thank you! Now, please come over for tea and scones, and explain this to mommy dearest!

Nice?

Mohammad Al-Yousifi said...

too soon

Amethyst said...

Kila Ma6goog
*claps*

suspic said...

Parents don't acknowledge university as a necessity for women, it's just recreation 'til you find your man.

Amethyst said...

Suspic
Not my parents.. To my parents it's a neccessity;p

AnGeL said...

WHAT i'm turning 22 so according to ur mom's standers i'm almost 45 :S

girl take it easy ur're still waaaaaaaay too young for this, hell i think i'm stilla child inside and an adult at the same time (i know i'm messed up a little bare with me :p ) but still don't worry this is how moms are. my sister though found a solution for this problem. she is going to adopt a kid for my parents to play with and spend some time practice their grandparenting skills on ;)

Amethyst said...

Angel
My mom's standards is one thing: You're 25, your chances of getting an eligible bachelor are down. My question is WHY?! (But she's too cute to get mad at b this topic cuz it's too funny;p)

I'm still not an adult (6)!

Your sisters solution won't work with me. My mom doesn't even want my kids around. I think she just wants to get rid of me;p

F. said...

Hello dear!
It's me..!

The progression of time scares me...

..wait, that statement scares me too, ehm! Right, marriage...I'm telling you it's too early...you have to commit, can you commit to anything but yourself at this age?!
It's too early!

;*

Ms Loala said...

Uhhh, don't remind me :\

I can't stand the bugging from my parents and aunts side anymore!
It seems to them i'm rejecting too many! Well i'm just freaking 21 not 41! They make you feel old by implying that you should get married.

Never mind them.

Amethyst said...

F.
Hun, have you met me? I'm the committment freak. I refuse to committ to anything BUT myself;p

Ms Loala
True;\

I feel violated;p

Yeah, never mind them:)

Unknown said...

Tawech 18? Hmm, then yeah you're too young. :p

Amethyst said...

N.
19 in 11 days:) I agree;\

um-miT3ib said...

mama im turning 20 and im freaking out ;p

Amethyst said...

um-mit3ib
Don't freak out! Freak out when you're turning 35;p

Anonymous said...

My bag!!! And my boob!!! :p

Amethyst said...

Sou
Lol! Yeah;p