Jun 1, 2008

Grades, anyone?

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net


---

"Psyche" III


There are two worlds in her dream, and these two worlds blend into reality. She opens her eyes slowly. She closes them and opens them again. She takes a deep breath and sits up in bed. She closes her eyes again and meditates. She tries to clear her head of the blur that is a non-sequential chain of events. She rearranges the events in her head. Her eyes fly open.


Where has the Genpet wandered to? Relief. It is sitting on her desk. She throws the covers back and walks over to her desk, this time with a different perspective. Again, she smirks at the white word amidst the pink. Spiritual.


The Genpet doesn't know what spirituality is. It doesn't know who made it. It doesn't know that there are beings greater than it. It doesn’t know that is life is temporary. It doesn't know how to achieve spiritual advancement. But it is confident. It is adventurous. It is willing to take that step forward and risk… nothing.


She traces the pink block surrounding the word with her index finger. Will unleashing a race of these unpredictable confused species to venture into our world do it any good? There tabula rasa minds are dangerous, but they do seem to have the ability to gain the spirituality they are seeking. Or do they? Will they be like us? Will they question everything and then destroy if they do not get any answers? She walks away from it.

---

After sleeping for twelve hours one night, the next day my body decided to flip out and resist sleep by itself. I stayed up all night trying to sleep. But then, I realized that I couldn't no matter what. I thought. I read. I wrote. So, now, I'm cranky. I had a long day that's not even over yet. I have a final in two hours which I haven't studied for.

18 comments:

Âme said...

Refining Reflection is what which matters, no matter what the object which reflects.

Its just what we are.

Why is it that self-realization is so silly and at the same time a daunting task ?

~ Soul

Mohammad Al-Yousifi said...

اخيرا زوجنا بانا و افتكينا

FourMe said...

Psyche is quite intriguing..

Anonymous said...

:**

Amethyst said...

Soul
Sometimes the silliest things are the most daunting. What to do?

Kila Ma6goog
Huh?

Fourme
Hehe, my professor doesn't seem to think so:

"I don't find it interesting. Frankly, I don't like your story."

He gave me a B!

Cat
;*

Âme said...

Yeah! we can only ponder on their silliness to make meaning of ourselves.

Nevertheless they remain silly by the virtue of themselves.

Its all about us.

~ Soul

Amethyst said...

Soul
Of course, it's all about us;)

Unknown said...

good luck sweetie : *

Amethyst said...

oda
Thanks!

asameee said...

omg what a silly professor.....

Amethyst said...

Nyxxie
Hehe, it's a matter of opinion. What to do?:)

Âme said...

Its a matter of perception and understanding !

Professors could do a lot much better, alas!, their biases !

~ Soul

F. said...

You slept for 12 hours straight?!?!

I'm so proud of you *sniff*

Except you have to ruin my happiness by staying up all night the next day...I should've guessed!

Amethyst said...

Soul
I don't think he wants to try to like my story. Whatever.

They can, but what to do besides dealing with what we have?

F.
Yes! Without pills ba3ad!

Shasawi?! My body is in excrutiating physical pain, now. So, maybe that'll put me to sleep?

Manutdfanatic said...

When it comes to the pen, more often than not, sad as it may seem, it does boil down to opinions.

^Today. Excruciating pain. Hope. Ability to actually sleep.---->You're on my boat.

Amethyst said...

Manutdfanatic
Yeah, damn it. Ba3ad what to do? Plus, he's my professor. I tried defending my work, but again, he's as opinionated as I am.

Hehe, aren't we always on the same boat?

kella met2a5er said...

Im trying to comment, but its so not my stuff!!

Its nice though ;p

Amethyst said...

Kella Met2a5er
Lol! I was surprised to see that you commented;p