Jun 7, 2008

What sins?

I read this earlier this week, and I remembered my own graduation. I remembered myself on stage, giving my speech. Glancing at my weeping mother. Hugging her right after the ceremony was over and telling her I was going out with my friends to celebrate. And then, I read the article again, and I realized something. I didn't build my life away from her. She knew everything. Not almost everything.. just everything. I wondered if she felt the feelings the writer described in that article. And I wondered if maybe things would be different between us now had I lead a life she had no idea about. I don't know.


---

Happy Birthday, Kay Knight!

---


My friend, R, linked me to Banksy's artwork, and I'm in love. Here are some of my favorites:



And of course I have to mention that he turned one of my favorite Van Gogh paintings...

into this:

17 comments:

F. said...

He's great! I liked the "take this- society" one too.

Did you read the manifesto on his website though? Seems like a waste to me...

Amethyst said...

F.
Yeah! Love the messages he's sending;)

Yes, I did. A waste, and G. Davis needs therapy!;p

At least now we know that a graffiti campaigns are an option. How about we head to the department with a few spray cans as your graduation prank?;)

Journal Entries said...

the article is sooo touching!

oo i reeeeeally like the painting.. so creative and original.. just like u! ;)

Amethyst said...

A Journal Entry
It brought tears to my eyes:)

Hehe, thank you! I'm humbled;$

Unknown said...

i loved them all :)

Mohammad Al-Yousifi said...

لا اعرف لماذا و لكنني ألاحظ بعض الأباء و الأمهات يتصرفون بعدائية اتجاه استقلالية ابنائهم

Amethyst said...

Casablanca
:)

Kila Ma6goog
True. Kids need time to build themselves away from their family, but not all parents give their children a chance to do that.

My father finds our independence threatening at times, but he deals with it quietly;)

Anonymous said...

Pathetic article...

I agree that parents should give some space to their kids to build their own life, but at the same time I dont blame them to be concerned about their kids!

Amethyst said...

ladywhisper
I found the article extremely touching.

They have to be concerned.

PaLoMiNo said...

Thank u for sharing the paintings:)

Amethyst said...

Palomino
You are very welcome:)

The Archer said...

aww! *hug*

Allah y5aleeha lich inshallah, w5aleech leha!

Haven't gotten through to reading the article yet, but it's definitely on my "list" :p~

I never made it to my graduation party.. stomach flue (1st time in my life :p)

Love Banksy!

Amethyst said...

The Archer
Hehe, same to you!;D

Read it!

Damn, you missed something that would have been very memorable;\

Love him, too!

haj said...

Banksy's work is amazing!

Amethyst said...

Haj
Love it!

Unknown said...

The art (literal) of revolution (or is it revolution of art).. I can just feel the power rise up.. simply wow..

Can art, change the world?

Amethyst said...

N.
I believe that art can change the world:)