Jun 16, 2008

Screw Khaldiya!

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

---

[WARNING] I'm pissed. I'm about to rant. And I don't care if you think I'm a snobbish chauvinist. Don't point more fingers at me or I'll snap them in two.
I am my parents' only daughter. My independence annoys them at times. But at the end of the day, they love it. I have been single since forever. I don't need a man to make me happy. I don't need a man to make me feel beautiful. I don't need a man to complete my life. I am open to having a man around, but I don't NEED it. It's an option, not an obligation. And until the right man comes at the right time, I will NOT risk my happiness for the sake of an emotional adventure.

My friend disagrees with that. She seems to think that she does need a man to rid her of "loneliness." She doesn't think that she will be able to meet the right guy. AND THAT PISSES ME OFF!

Recently, I've had many talks regarding this issue. I'm very open about my life. I'm open to the extent that I don't have any secrets that only I know about myself. Why? Because I believe that I'm not doing anything wrong when I do something. And so, I'm never ashamed of anything I do. I've lost people (no, they weren't really friends) because I'm so open. I don't care. This is me. A whole person with nothing to keep to herself. And so.. I will speak my mind.

Now, here's the thing.. I love my friends. I really do. I usually do my best to make my friends happy until they cross the line. So, what is wrong with you?! You know who you are! I know you do. Both of you! Why is it not okay to be single? Why not learn to love yourself as you are and push that "loneliness" aside? What is up with you guys? I'd rather have a man by my side than not, but why is it such an issue if that doesn't happen?

Now, here it is plain and simple. Friend1, you need to understand that no one will love you enough if you don't love yourself enough to realize that you'll be okay without them. Friend2, you need to learn to push the obstacles you set for yourself aside and leap at the chances life presents you with. Like I said, if it works, then I'll be happy seeing you happy, and if it doesn't, you have us to nurse you back to sanity.

Think about it, you two. Refa3taw thagh6i. I'm just so disappointed in you. You don't understand how hard it is for me to sit through one of these talks. I want you to be happy. Why can't you just want that for yourselves?

Blekh.

I love you. Really, I do. Now, step it up and take control over yourselves and your lives la kaf 3ala wayehkum!;*
.
P.S. I wrote this yesterday. Friend1 has taken my advice into consideration. As for Friend2..

27 comments:

The Archer said...

Friend2 is working on it as well. It'll take some time, but he'll get there eventually.

So happy for Friend1. :D

The Archer said...

Oh yeah, SCREW KHALDEYA! :@

Amethyst said...

The Archer
I'm praying for both. Ma3a ena 7ad`hum ghatheni!;@

I know!;D

7ada!;@

Purgatory said...

Tell your friend she is still a kid and to wait, and guys are problems.

Purgatory said...

and am offcially making you my blog stalker! I knew you commented before checking!

Amethyst said...

ThePurg
I did.. But again, who am I to tell her that guys are problems when I haven't had that, you know?

LOL! Do I get anything? Like a title or a post about me or something?;p

Purgatory said...

I will take that into consideration

Amethyst said...

ThePurg
Lol! Let's see what you can come up with, then;p

Eulalia said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! I agree with every word you wrote!

Amethyst said...

Eulalia
;D!

*High five!*

Anonymous said...

Your turn to be the strong one, ha? :) Thats sweet, you're a good friend.

Ruby Woo said...

I have a friend who thinks that if eventually she hasn't find the right man, her life would be worthless.
Come on! Ok having a man by your side can be nice bas that doesn't mean he's completing you. It's you.. You complete yourself!

Balqees said...

wallah soooooo true, no one will love u enough f u don't love urself first, o ana 3an nafsee al7amdalla i'm crazy about myself :P
and i do thinks its true u don't need a man to fill ur lonliness, ya3ni u have friends and family to fill it for , 9a7 wla la2 ???? aguy is only an extra perk for other things ;)

Amethyst said...

jesterat314
I guess..

Thanks:)

Ruby Woo
Cheers! Thank you!

Balqees
Hehe, same here;p

Sa7:)

Big Pearls said...

omg that comic is hillarious!! loool!

Amethyst said...

Big Pearls
I know;p

Rawr said...

*claps*
MN JID!!! EFFF!!!
You are SO right, I wish I was as smart as that :S
sometimes people get carried away...

Loved this part:
"Don't point more fingers at me or I'll snap them in two. "
LOOOOL!!! Niiiiiice!!!

Mohammad Al-Yousifi said...

7elwa el 9oora

:P

Anonymous said...

i love your confidence about your relationship status. its impressive.

you go girl!! ;)

eshda3wa said...

im one the type of chick that definitely needs no man.

why wait for anyone to ummm complete u or whatever it is ur waiting for
do it urself!

frogman said...

ok thankfully i never had the feeling that i need a man to complete my life ;-P, however, the way i see it is a big portion of that feeling can be blamed on society and on the girls parents. I see mothers and grandmother's telling their daughters they are getting too old, and no one will "accept" you, or "want" you if you do this, or don't do that.

i empathize with them, but you are totally right.. you need to love yourself.

Anonymous said...

Your confidence is inspiring! Makes me want to be single again, just so i can prove myself. :)

Unknown said...

That doesn't sound so pissed :p Anyway you did the right thing, enshalla your friends will take your advice

AnGeL said...

ok, the last sentence "kaf 3ala wayhich" sounded so like you :p miss you :'(

oh and the archer: ??!?! hmmmm me wonder what happen ?! ;)

Amethyst said...

Rawr
We learn from our mistakes.. Or not, but ena you are that smart!

Hehe, I was pissed;p

Kila M6goog
Hehe;p

ĐǻñĎõøðñ
Thank you:)

Eshda3wa
Cheers!

Exactly, people won't stick around to complete you for your whole life anyway..

Frogman
I have people telling me to get hooked, but girls should learn to love themselves enough to dismiss this crap..

Irise
Thanks!;D

N.
Lol, you have to see it to believe it I guess;p

Angel
Heeeh, yeah I gave myself away on that one, didn't I?

Miss you more;*

P.S. Leave him alone;p

dishevelled said...

you deserve a standing ovation on this point! Amen to that. I wish my friend would get that into her thick head. I've been trying to tell her that for over a year now and she tells me she needs a break from guys, and all she talks about is marriage. She doesn't want a relationship, she wants a marriage 3ala6ool. Everything we do has to be tied up to marriage... it's mentally exhausting.

Amethyst said...

Dishevelled
Argue with her. It'll eventually get into her head. It worked for me after ages, but it worked. Give it a try:)