Jun 8, 2008

She Said He Said

These thoughts are inspired by Justin Nozuka's "Mr. Therapy Man" video.

Have you ever wondered what's behind a clown's mask? The hyperbolic red and white smile isn't that real. I mean I always think about what people are hiding behind all their smiles and careless laughter, but now, I'm dead curious. I really wanted to know.

I even remember being told about this guy whom I am only barely acquainted with who wrote a play entitled Clowns. He had the clowns holding a balloon amidst a circus one second, and the next, the clowns are in a cemetery. Twisted genius?

With friends, I usually ask, "What are you thinking?" and "How are you feeling?" at random moments. Never with strangers, though. So, I know I'm taking this a bit too far, but I will ask the next time I bump into a clown. Hmm?


---


So, since I've been trying to use my mind and heart to bring back my happy self, here's a list of things that make me happy:


People who matter telling me I'm beautiful [Flattery]

Dad's I'm-proud-of-you look [Content]

Getting along with my mom after fallouts [Bliss]

Grades I feel I've earned [Achievement]

Good music, good art, and good books/literature [Heaven]

J's issue [Sheer Happiness]

Being comfortable in my own skin [Comfort]

A doing what is expected [Relief]

Surrouding myself with people I want to be with [Joy]

Not being afraid to cry and laugh at the same time [Hysteria]

Laughing uncontrollably for no reason [Myself]

15 comments:

asameee said...

I think men are best at hiding behind their masks, regardless of what happens to them they have their offices, and their guests to attend to fel myales.. Women can choose to stay home and not bother.. I for one am quite transparent.

Journal Entries said...

oh that look that parents give when they r pround is worth kilshay in this world =)

Amethyst said...

Nyxxie
Actually, not all men are good at that. I can read a lot of men whether attending to guests or sitting in their offices:)

I'm transparent, too. What to do?

A Journal Entry
Hehe, it changes everything:)

Manutdfanatic said...

Did you ever find clowns amusing as a child even?

Hahah, and flattery can be pretty uplifiting. ;)

Manutdfanatic said...

*uplifting

Amethyst said...

Manutdfanatic
No, I was nonchalant towards them.

It can;p

Manutdfanatic said...

I, for one, never saw them even as remotely funny or disturbing either-as a child. As "adults", we tend to overanalyse most things, so now is probably a different story.

Anonymous said...

I didnt get that look !

Amethyst said...

Manutdfanatic
I don't consider myself an adult, but I tend to overanalyze everything anyway;p

Cat
Give it to yourself then:)

F. said...

I love your list...makes me want to draw them...kind of like the seven deadly sins ones Angel posted.

Amethyst said...

F.
Draw one! I'm curious!

haj said...

awww Im in there!!! I'm happy my "issue" makes u happy :D

Amethyst said...

Haj
Hehe, I LOVE YOU!;*

Fastidious Babe said...

clowns freak me out, so does Mudhesh from Dubai Summer surprises... the empty eyes are prolly what spook me...


if only more people i know would bother asking "what are u thinking off" it would make things much easier on me..


cute post, love the bliss section! x

Amethyst said...

Fastidious Babe
Lol, they shouldn't freak you out;p

It would make things easier. That's why I ask every once in a while:)

Thanks!